About Me

My photo
Topeka, Kansas, United States
A journey of homeschooling without guidelines.

01 December 2010

I am not Superwoman

Okay, let me let those of you not wanting to hear whining off the train now.  I am going to vent.  Someday I wonder if I am going to make it to sundown.  Or even to the middle of the afternoon.  This week has been ful of those days and it is only Wednesday.  To start, I am sick.  Some wonderful bug has resided in me and decided that nothing, not even toast and water, will stay down.  So, I am exhausted.  No sleep, no food.  Great combination, right?  I am out of my pain meds, have been since Thusday.  I knew I wouldn't get them refilled Thurs, maybe not Friday, but as of today,. WEDNESDAY, my dr STILL hadn't called it in.  I finally got it fixed after several phone calls.  Still won't get it until tomorrow.
Mason is sick.  Cranky baby, yippee.  It is cold. Cold is not good, as far as I am concerned.  So much school this week.  The kids are so far behind I just wonder if I am cut out for this.  I am know I am doing the right thing with them here, but I am so overwhelmed.
I guess I need a couple of days off.  Who would be mom then?  Exactly.  Someone pass me the big-gulp sized espresso and I will keep on truckin...until I collapse...which at this rate, won't be long.
God, just give me five more minutes of strength....I promise I won't ask for more..until that 5 minutes is up, of course.....
I need friends so badly.  Online even.  Chat friends.  What do I do?

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there!! You CAN do this!! I know it's rough when you are sick. I just recovered from a nasty cold a couple weeks ago that knocked me for a loop! I unschool so we don't have a schedule of lessons, but even so all outside activities, housework (what we could let go that wouldn't get us condemned) errands, etc. stopped until I was better. We ate alot of takeout and watched a lot of videos. I slept quite a bit which was a feat considering I have a 3 yr old. And I was out of commission for two weeks!

    Honestly it won't hurt them one bit if you take a break from school all together while you recuperate. Think about how much time is wasted in public school over a year? Your few days or week hiatus isn't gonna even compare. I suggest you take it as easy as you can, focus on resting and getting better. And if you need, I'm here to listen and encourage. Don't think you aren't cut out for this..you are just under the weather right now and IT WILL GET BETTER!!(((((((((hugs)))))))))

    ReplyDelete